Huawei is a known manufacturer of mobile phones and equipment, noted for supplying the Philippines with USB modems that are being sold by the top three networks. They also offer a cheap Android phone for sale, the IDEOS. The G2100 is at the lower end of the spectrum, a basic phone for call and text.
The features of this phone are:
- Colored screen (probably 65K, 1.3 in)
- Polyphonic ringtones (probably MIDI)
- Single SIM
- Dual band
- Micro-USB port (charging only)
- 2.5mm headphone jack (headphones not included in retail box)
- Wireless FM Radio with recording (only up to 150KB, recordings can be used as ringtones/message alert tones)
- 3 preinstalled wallpapers, no option to upload custom wallpapers
- Standby text font color can be changed (but not menu font color)
- Predictive text input (English)
- One piece rubber keymat resists dust and water
- 700 mAh Li-Ion battery
The retail box.
What is inside the box.
- Build quality - all-plastic shell is slightly matte, making it look less like a children's toy. Durable, solid build allows for easy removal of the back cover, and also locks the cover into place with minimal effort.
- Keypad - responsive. The one piece rubber cover makes it dust/water resistant, a plus for low-end phones and their busy users.
- Menu and display - speedy and responsive. The wallpaper cannot be customized.
- Call quality - audio is loud and clear even at the middle setting. There might be problems if your network alloted a different frequency to your phone (outside GSM 900/1800), but you will see your signal drop anyway.
- SMS - basic inbox/outbox functions are adequate, but not surprising. There is minimal lag if you are a fast texter. Sent messages are saved to the outbox. Not much difference from Nokias.
- Battery life - good, can last 2 days or more depending on use.
- Manual - adequate and straight to the point, with appropriate illustrations. More useful than the common china phone manufacturer's convoluted logic.
Sample text message.
In summary, if you are in the market for a cheap basic colored phone that will last, I definitely recommend that you buy the Huawei G2100. It can stand toe-to-toe with other low-end phones from Nokia and Samsung. It is cheaper than the main brands and a little bit pricey compared to the local "china phone" brands. With a full warranty and a better build quality, you would be able to maximize the use of this phone with confidence.