Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

The template change is still a work in progress. I have managed to change it to something different though. I might have to forego comments altogether because for some reason I am not able to enable commenting for this template. I would have wanted to stick with my Haloscan comments, but now even the built-in Blogger comments do not show up properly.

No available SIM cards mean that I won't be able to greet my friends through SMS like I usually do. Well, most of them don't reply anyway LOL.

I already finished my coursework assignment ahead of time, so that when I ask for my internet connection to be disconnected, that would be one less thing to worry about. The question of it being a complete, accurate assignment is to be discussed at a later date. Hehe.

Tomorrow I would be leaving again for work, and though it has had been many months of hard work, I am still in the dark over career advancement. Oh well, there's always the postgraduate degree I am working towards.

In the spirit of the holidays, amidst a background of looming economic uncertainty and gloom, may I leave you with a quote from Lady Thatcher:
They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours.
To all my friends, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Here's to the next year being much better than the last one.

No comments: