Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random Notes 18

Finals Week is nearing.

The last time I felt this scared, or unprepared, was four years ago.

But it's for the best. Lifelong learning - I need to go through this.

==

I've been using Google Chrome for some days now. It's stable, fast, and efficient - but not with its own quirks.

I'm using Official Build 1798m as you can see below:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.29 Safari/525.13
and for some reason, it would not recognize the Blogger shortcuts - Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I etc.

But, overall just a minor quirk. I especially like it when the Javascript on Yahoo! Mail gets errors, and Chrome will only close down the Yahoo! Mail tab. On Firefox, it will slow down the entire browser, while on IE... heaven forbid!

If you're a tech noob like me, who has not made (or could not make) the change to a non-Windows OS yet, you can experience a less aggravating way to surf the web with Google Chrome.

I remember the old lady who complained about getting a constant "Internet Explorer has found an error and needs to close" error box, not allowing her to go anywhere - because the error comes up once IE7 is started up.

==

I am nearing my 180th day with my current employer, and so far so good. Barring some minor hiccups along the way, at this point I can say that this looks like a keeper.

No comments: