Monday, May 26, 2008

If You've Walked In My Shoes

I'm commemorating my Florsheim shoes today. After wearing them for 6 or 7 years (I've lost track), the soles finally gave out and I have to replace the soles.

Since I don't have a nice salary yet, I will defer buying a new set of shoes until I have paid most of my credit card debt. My Dad offered to pay for it, but I've already leeched off my parents for 27 years, and I have to start being financially independent soon.

Sorry for the image quality. This is a close up of the frayed sole. Actually, they gave out three weeks ago but I glued them with cyanoacrylate. I'm so cheap.

This is a closeup of the heels. They are gradually chipping off. How sad.

The insole should have some support gel. My size 13 feet managed to wear out the plastic covering the gel and I had to remove them.

I have a hard time finding shoes in my size. This pair was given to me by my Tita who is a nurse in New York while I was still in medical school. They have served me well during internship, residency in 2 hospitals, and 2 call centers. I am not about to give up on them yet.

If only these shoes could speak... they will tell you far more than what is written here in my blog.

No comments: