Friday, February 29, 2008

Sudden, Rushed and Dizzying

I didn't realize I wrote practically the same set of adjectives in one sentence. Well, all none the worse for wear.

Anyway, as I have frowned upon blogging details on my workplace, preferring instead to cloak them in vague statements, I will not tell you what is happening to me right now.

I can only say that, man, I'm getting used to being rushed into workplace-related decisions - this is the second time that I was placed in the unenviable position of being in limbo.

Well, my friend Mark used to tell me, you always get what you need. I once doubted the soundness of that statement, but now I'm beginning to think otherwise. Maybe I really need to reevaluate my current position.

My girlfriend Joy would rather have me return to being a physician, or as I prefer to call it, "doctoring". I'm seriously thinking about it now.

I guess that in the final analysis, the first one to influence the decision maker wins, regardless of the argument's supporting facts. Especially if it is a compelling kind of influence.

I can hear my brods now jeering, "We hate to say we told you so." Hey, I didn't know that I only am suited in a certain kind of corporate culture, granted that it exists in some form.

For those of you that are fond of taking hints: no, I don't hate the company I am working for, or else I wouldn't have spent 7 months of my life working there in the first place, being absent only once.

It's rather unfortunate that if you break down people's notion of utopia as being their current status, and present an ideal model as the "real" utopia, these people rather than feeling betrayed would rail against the paradigm shift.

No comments: