Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hare Hare Yukai Philippines

I knew it.

I had an inkling that this would happen, and it did.

The Cebu inmates are at it again with their rendition of Hare Hare Yukai.



  • Missing some steps here and there takes away the sheer technical difficulty of performing the dance
  • Dance performed is on some poorly looped track of the TV version
  • Perfect example of the great difference between otaku and hardened inmates forced to dance


I used to be proud of these people on their way to reform. After all, they could have done worse.

Let me rephrase that. This is just cheap exploitation of hapless prisoners to fulfill a favor. From the YouTube page:
Colored clip of the CPDRC inmates do an anime dance number from a japanese anime "The Melancholy of Suzumiya. This was requested by my good friend...the "NixFactor"
I don't think he's that good of a friend, because you didn't give enough material for your inmates to practice on.

Here's the link to a DVD-quality rendition of the official dance.

Or you can watch this instead: (to replace the removed video in my previous post)



==

We will be back to regular programming soon.

No comments: