Tuesday, November 27, 2007

In My Life Today 14

I have to revise that resume again...

Incredibly enough, it's performance issues that threaten my employment this time. Not the disdain of working in subhuman conditions for a pittance. And I've got no one else to blame than myself.

It's been a great run, so far. I'm slowly reinventing and retooling my skills to fit the less oppressive workplaces of high technology. I've learned how to brand myself, and realize that there are more facets in society than the duality of service and profit in medicine.

Reality strikes like a fastball and the demands of the workplace are not met. I guess this is how it feels like: the realization that your position hangs precariously by a thread, and you can break away anytime.

Interestingly, I do not feel any dread nor am I resigned to my looming fate. I actually feel challenged, the same feeling when I encounter a Java exercise.

But then, as they teach us in my medical Fraternity, expect the worst and hope for the best.

No comments: