Friday, October 12, 2007

Random Notes 9

Wish me luck.

In about 2 hours, I will be speaking to about 50 battle-tested sales people about how they can improve their business.

Me, erstwhile physician, talking about brand management and swarm intelligence?

Shows how amazing the transformation has been.

Last year, at about this time, I still was wearing my white coat, posing near my workplace that caused me aggravation up to the last day.

Today, after viewing Steve Jobs present new products over and over, and after poring over countless slides about future trends, I will wear a different coat as I approach the podium.

It may be too early to say, but I don't see the cynicism and frustration I experienced before, three months into this new career.

Postscript: this guy who I featured in a previous post was felicitous enough to reply to my email, only to tell me that his professional consulting fee is usually P25,000 per hour. As a special bonus, he'll reduce it by 90%. Any takers? I'll stick with the self-help section at National Book Store.

No comments: