Monday, September 10, 2007

Work and Blogging

My workplace has blocked access to Blogger so I can’t view my Control Panel or whatever you call it. I have no access at home for the last 2 weeks, too – we just moved to another place, and if Globe Broadband follows through on their promise to approve my application, I’d have a new internet connection by the end of the week.

 

It’s hell, though, enduring the loss of my connectivity. In my previous line of work, I didn’t care if I had internet access or not. Keeping up to date was not a priority – keeping myself sane was. Overwhelmed by the sheer amount of manual work that I had to accomplish every day, I did not appreciate the tools and knowledge that the internet could provide me. Like the realization that I was working in an underappreciated field (which has been flogged to death in this blog, so I am steering away from this topic).

 

Now, I fully appreciate the ability of being connected to maintain my competitive edge in terms of being constantly informed – by developments in any topic or industry I wish.

 

==

 

Installed Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise on the office PC last Saturday and all I can say is that it is refreshingly different. Need to get one for the home PC – after fulfilling a long wish list of badly needed upgrades. LAN Card, 80GB hard drive, new Video Card – just to make my 5 year old PC “cool” again.

 

With a “functional” (multimedia-ready) PC at home, a broadband internet connection, and the newest PC apps, I can be (nearly) unstoppable!

 

==

 

Am posting this through email. If this post works out, I would be motivated to post more updates through email – the only media stream that could be utilized at the office reliably (for me).

No comments: