Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Makes Me Wonder

This is the title for Maroon 5's latest single from their latest album It Won't Be Soon Before Long. I may have played the song a hundred times in three days already.

When I like a certain song, for example You Know My Name, I have this tendency of putting it into extreme rotation, so much that people near me become annoyed. Hell, I love the song! I already have downloaded the track, ripped the YouTube video (below) and transferred it to my cellphone. I have also placed it on my Friendster profile. I won't be surprised if I am able to memorize the whole song soon.

The catchy, lounge-type beat, and the edgy lyrics reeled me in. Adam Levine cites two meanings to the song: dissatisfaction about U.S. politics especially in their invasion of Iraq; and one of his relationships gone terribly wrong. I have another use of the song - to not believe the hubris surrounding recent events, and to realize that my departure is far easier to handle than potentially supporting me in a potential problem.

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do. By the way, the music video below is one of the best I've seen. Especially when Levine was being frisked just past the metal detector.

No comments: