Monday, April 16, 2007

Random Notes 5

My internet connection has been down for the last 5 days, so you could just imagine my surprise as 90% of my site visits were referrals from Manuel Quezon III's blog. I am honored to be found interesting.
===

I attended a wedding yesterday. Aside from the fact that the bride was a distant aunt, we were late for the church ceremony. Inevitably, the relatives who three years ago won't give me the time of day were eager to keep me company. Nothing like being seen with the new doctor. Usually I am used to these things, but the heat and the 45 minute travel were too much for me, and my healing operative wound gave me that exquisite pain. Of course the well-meaning relatives wondered why I was doubling up in pain.

"Are you okay?"

"No, obviously, because I just had an operation."

"For what?"

"I don't know exactly, but I had my gallbladder taken out."

Then the punchline: "You're a doctor and you don't know what's wrong with you?"

I just ignored that and left to the comforts of the Toyota pick-up.

Hey, I could discuss all the merits of my case, including the unusual ultrasound results and the operative findings, and why I decided to have an open cholecystectomy, but I wouldn't want to spoil your lunch with morbid accounts and incomprehensible medical chatter. So, yes, I had my gallbladder removed.
===

I had finished Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and next on the list is Final Fantasy VI Advance. Nice to be able to enjoy my free time here before I tie up some loose ends soon.

No comments: