Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cholecystectomy

I am in the middle of reading 150+ emails. I should not even be out of bed as my whole right torso is killing me, but then I am such an internet junkie.

Suffice it to say, I had a very bad case of acute acalculous cholecystitis that made my gallbladder look like a fist, and had to be operated right away.

I would like to thank
  • Dr. Giovanni delos Reyes, Chairman, Department of Surgery, West Visayas State University Medical Center for operating on me and doing a superb job;
  • Dr. Jose Senoi Gulmatico, Anesthesiologist, Chief of Clinics, West Visayas State University Medical Center, and Phi Kappa Mu brod, for making the whole ordeal more bearable;
  • Dr. Ronnie Samoro, Pulmonologist, and Dr. Pat Palmes, Cardiologist, WVSUMC, for clearing me for surgery;
  • Dr. Arlan Tabiling, Dr. Paul Lim, and the rest of the Surgical Residents of WVSUMC for their assistance and encouragement;
  • The Admitting Section, for facilitating my admission post-haste;
  • Nurses of the 3rd floor for great nursing care;
  • My parents and sisters and Dr. Joy Saquibal, for being there to cater to my every whim and request.
  • All others who have helped me through, in one way or another.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you very much! I hope that I would be able to repay you in one way or another.

No comments: