Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rationalization

Common Freudian defense mechanism.

Short definition: Why the unacceptable is okay in this instance.

Wikipedia definition:
In psychology, rationalization is the process of constructing a logical justification for a decision, action or lack thereof that was originally arrived at through a different mental process.

This process can be in a range from fully conscious (e.g. to present an external defense against ridicule from others) to mostly subconscious (e.g. to create a block against internal feelings of guilt).
===

So Nicole knows how to use Sitemeter, and stumbled upon this humble blog attacking the lack of logic in a certain idolatrous post.

No, I don't take your posts seriously enough to believe them; Daniel Smith has enough fans already to prove that he is a "good-looking rapist". And, no, you're not that influential, don't flatter yourself.
See, I didn't write them for you. I wrote them for myself. To amuse myself. So, those who read them and had no problems with them, well and good. And to those who had, guess what *surprise surprise*, I don't think I care.
See, I read that post, and I did not have much of a problem with it.
I know, it's her blog content, and I don't have any claim to that. I am just disturbed to know that conundrums like this exist and, by the power of the internet, published for public consumption. I'd want to know what she would do if someone like Daniel Smith actually tried to assault her. There is a thick line between "school girl crushes" and "hottest rapist".
You see, analyzing Nicole's response further really doesn't make sense.

If she really didn't care, I won't find her Sitemeter record on my Sitemeter. And blank-facedly comment on the contents of my blog.

I was disturbed by the inane prattling, I'll admit to that. Sure, it's your idea of a diary for everyone to read, but when you open up the twisted recesses of your mind like that and someone takes notice, why clam up and not explain the convoluted logic behind your idolatry?

Or, you conveniently could say that you are still a high school student. Which will make my argument about you being an "educated person" weak. I guess I was taken away by the tag caffeine-overdosed psycho junior and mistook you for a real college student. Although not a UP student. Certainly not a UP student.

It will also dash the hopes of some who would hope for an explanation like that of Xiaxue's. Because she just isn't capable. For all the self-centered egotism that she claims to have, she could not even back it up.

See, everything makes sense.

Eleven years ago, I knew some people who would act just like Nicole. It is sad to know what some of them have become.

Unsolicited advice: Daig ng mayabang ang may ipagyayabang.

Brings to mind something from recent memory:
Mr. Chairman, this representation moves that this hearing be adjourned, as respondent does not seem to be prepared to present his evidence.

No comments: