Saturday, February 03, 2007

M' Back!

I'm back from my "mission"; my most productive activites therein were:
    Borrowing Mark's copy of Katamari Damacy, arguably one of the best games ever.
    Renewing my PRC license to practice Medicine for another 3 years.

In the short time I have been gone, sintunado has moved to Homicide. Unintentional killing. and How much would you spend for a night with me? has closed down altogether. Well, that's life for you. At least they have the class to post their notices.

Also, Ronnie from ronibats! has indicated that he would pay for his web hosting within the month, so watch out for the reactivation of his site.
===

On a tip from some of my brods, I went to the nearest Goodwill Bookstore to buy a copy of the much-valued First Aid for the USMLE Step 1: 2007. Don't ask me why, I just felt compelled to buy it.

After locating it in a four-aisle bookstore (that looked more like a kiosk), I brought it to the counter.

"I'm buying this book."

The two ladies at the counter hesitated, and looked at each other. "What'll happen to those two people who reserved their copies?" asked by the lady nearest the window.

"I texted them about 5 times already, and with no reply, I don't feel obligated to keep their reservations. Especially with no deposit. Bahala na sila R... M... at R... O... sa kopya nila," declared by the lady manning the cash register.

Knowing fully who those two people are, and how badly they needed the books (compared to me), I couldn't help but grin. I'm a bad person.

The next time we see each other, I'll recommend Kaplan Medical's medEssentials instead.
===

A short time ago I received an email from my erstwhile friend and boss, asking me among other things, if I had any "ideas/views" on "strengthen(ing) the structure of the department". While updating my links, I cannot help but see my old post at the height of my disillusionment: Different Emergency Medicine Program Benefits.

Methinks I should email her the link to my blog instead of writing a lengthy treatise on the matter.

On a less related note, immediately preceding that post was a gem entitled How to Tell... which validated my belief in the orientation of a certain person who shall be nameless. He/she brought his/her "manipulator" game into a patient-overloaded, manpower-short Emergency Medicine Residency, and I have to be grateful for pushing me to reevaluate my priorities and my needs. In short, a royal pain.

Well, back to my ECT treatment.

No comments: