Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Curious question

Does the saying

"Discretion is the better part of valor"

run opposite the Filipino tenet of

"Matira ang matibay"?

Corollary to this, wouldn't it be a career move to execute my exit strategy in the face of an unchangeable leadership bereft of any integrity, and arrogance to not accept any mistake or vulnerability whatsoever?

You see, recent events have been so convoluted that it would take me more than the 15 minutes I alloted myself to update my blog. These recent events have made me arrive at a crossroads once again. The draw to leave is just so tempting, with the thankless work, frustrations over what you can actually perform and treat with, and the measly salary.

I was asked directly if I still liked to work here. I should have answered, instead of the forced "Yes", "I loved it before, but now I've been so burnt out that I just barely like to drag myself to work in the mornings."

No comments: