Monday, April 03, 2006

Iloilo Trip

7AM

I am winding up my 40-hour trip to Iloilo, typing on a PC that I haven't seen for three whole months.

I was lucky enough to have a break this long that accommodated my trip. It reminded me of how much I did not like returning to Manila, with its smog, hot air, and arrogance.

It was a welcome break from the ennui that was residency, and the high stress situation that is the Emergency Room. I was on the verge of turning an about face and starting from scratch again - resigning for the second time. I did not realize how thankless my job has become.

So excited I was that all the plans I had for this trip remained plans. I forgot some things, discarded other plans altogether

This trip reminded me of the people behind me, of the reasons why I took a chance to return to Manila in the first place.

And so with a heavy heart I return to the big city and stick it out for a little while longer, until that proverbial silver lining behind the dark cloud appears.

==

On a lighter note, my itinerary included two of the gastronomical places that Iloilo is so famous for. Ironically they are located near each other in the district of Mandurriao but I visited them separately on different occasions.

Tibs Rock is famed for its oysters. I am a sucker for oysters (no pun intended), and in previous trips I was able to down two trays of these delights in one sitting. On this occasion though, I felt a little tired from the trip, post-duty and all, so I was only able to eat through just one tray.

Mango Tree. A new place, and looks more like some rich person's patio than a restaurant. A date place it really is. Try their grilled chicken with basil sauce.

==

I will resume writing my Triage Tales once I get back to the regular grind. Although I have just a handful of readers (erratic at most), sometimes the most important people get updates on your life from an innocuous blog.

==

Joy, although our short quality time may seem routine to you, I would declare without hesitation that I would be going insane if it took a little longer before I could see you again. And every second of those precious hours counted. I love you.

No comments: