Monday, October 17, 2005

Pre-residency

First day of pre-residency in... secret.

It was good that I came in one day earlier. Well, and also the fact that there are no duties for the next week or so. Deciding to go straight to a Fraternity function may not have been the best idea had the circumstances been different.

No patient encounters yet. Only mindless wandering through the halls of my old haunts. It seems that I haven't grown tired of the hospital, with its maze of corridors, endless sea of faces, and the hurried pace that'll grow on you.

What worries me is the expense account I am currently running... with fees for pre-residency activities, food, and most especially lodging. I don't want to live on the streets... and yet, I don't want to burden my parents any further. If only this program wasn't a means to an end...

I miss my Joy S.

Wish me luck.

No comments: